Whether you’re starting from scratch or stuck on a brick wall, our research services will help you accomplish your research goals.
More About the Research Process
- Our areas of expertise include all of the United States, Canada, and France, as well as African American genealogy.
- Before research starts the client will fill out a research request form stating what they wish to accomplish and what information they already have. DGS will then create a research plan and recommend a number of hours to complete the research request.
- All reports will include full citations in industry standard formats.
- Copies of all sources referenced in the report will be included as well as a summary of research and resources completed.
- Completed research reports are typically delivered digitally via Dropbox, however, printed reports can be mailed with an additional shipping fee.
- Gift certificates are also available.
Occasionally, it is recommended that copies of microfilm records be ordered from the Family History Library to find more detailed information. Clients will pay the $7.50 loan fee, and research will begin as soon as microfilm is available for use (typically 2-3 weeks after it is ordered). Suggestions for microfilm ordering will be outlined in the research request form.
Your satisfaction is important to us. Records and documents related to your ancestors vary widely by place and time period. We promise that we will always be honest about what we can realistically find in our research process. We also follow the Code of Ethics set forth by the Association of Professional Genealogists.
Examples of past research reports can be shared upon request.